With any data centre facility there is a need to protect the servers from unauthorised access. Physical security defines the systems and software that interact
to prevent intentional or accidental damage or theft. It incorporates multiple layers of independent systems such as CCTV, data centre access, network layer security,
lockable cabinets, cages and many other components.
Comstor understand that many of our partners have customers who require physical security solutions for their data centres and as such we are continually adding
new vendors to our data centre portfolio to provide you with a holistic physical security solution.
Today we can offer both Cisco and EMERSON security products that cover a range of different physical security functions:
- Cisco Video Surveillance IP Cameras – are feature-rich digital cameras that enable surveillance in a wide variety of environments. Available in standard and high-definition, box and dome, wired and wireless, and stationary/pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) versions. The cameras support MPEG-4 and H.264.
- Cisco IP Surveillance Software – These use the IP Network to deliver and receive live and recorded video surveillance media. These solutions are suited for multiple-site and remote-site IP video surveillance and provide excellent scalability, reliability and bandwidth management.
- Cisco Physical Access Control – is a scalable and flexible solution able to manage from one to several thousand doors. Customers can combine modules to customise solutions and can manage the entire system remotely. This solution integrates easily with Cisco Video Surveillance Manager and can use IP network services.
- Emerson Lockable Racks – Emerson racks are available with enhanced mechanical or electromechanical locks so you can secure your server architecture.
- Emerson Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) – Emerson offers solutions that can allow monitoring of multiple different layers within the data centre including managing access to server architecture.
Westcon Group can help you become a trusted partner for provision of Physical Security solutions. If you want to learn more contact your local Westcon Group Account Manager.